Looking for some independence? How about local travel to client sites providing a variety of Bookkeeping and Tax Preparation services for an established bookkeeping company?
We are looking for a dedicated and detail oriented bookkeeper with 2+ years of experience in bookkeeping and tax preparation. This position is suitable for someone who is looking for 30 hours per week to full time hours and likes a bit of variety!
Compensation will be both an hourly wage of $15 plus access to a competitive quarterly performance bonus (more details can be provided in the interview process).
The successful candidate in this role will provide bookkeeping and tax preparation services to company clientele including, preparation and maintenance of complete sets of books, records of accounts, financial transactions and the verification of these procedures. Direct involvement in the smooth and compliant financial operation of company clientele with a dedicated focus on accuracy and transparency.
Duties in this role will be to:
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
- Post journal entries and reconcile bank accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements
- Complete and submit tax remittance forms for: payroll, HST, WSIB and other government documents
- Prepare personal and business tax returns and perform other bookkeeping services for review
- Assist with audits as required
- Take phone messages and answer client questions
- Track time and billing using Microsoft Outlook
- Prepare weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payroll for small businesses
- Handle cash and payment as needed
- Research and keep up-to date with government tax guides and other business related documents
- Travel to and from client sites – approx 70% to local Ayr and KW area
- Maintain and build client base
- Remain current with accounting practices
- Maintain complete confidentiality of client accounting details
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Completion of secondary school, Completion of college level accounting, bookkeeping or related field OR
- Completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g., Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting) OR
- Courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong computer skills including experience with: Simply Accounting, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), CANTAX, QuickBooks
- Experience with Great Plains Dynamics is an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
We thank all candidates for their application, all resumes will be screened and only those selected for an interview process will be contacted. Please apply to this email: email@example.com